Thursday, January 19, 2017

Witchy Brews

I don’t know of many witches who don’t love their coffee or tea. It’s like finding a witch who doesn’t like candles—more rare than unicorns. Witches love brews, and I am no exception. The ritual of making a cup of coffee or tea is a little bit of my day where I take a few minutes to just focus on myself and take stock of what my state of being is, relax, get some perspective, or spend some time chatting with a loved one. 

Beverages are an easy way to make magick a part of your daily life. You don’t have to do a whole ritual if you don’t have time or that’s not your thing. You can add a bit of intention and magic to your drink. Done. Now you have and instantly magickal day.



Here, I’ve added some star anise to my Irish tea, and some cinnamon to my latte. I will put cinnamon on anything. I love cinnamon, and cinnamon goes very well in coffee and tea. If you want some added protection to your day, or some luck or prosperity, or you want to heighten your spiritual awareness and power, or you’re focused on love or health, then cinnamon is your spice. This is one of those wonderful things that is good for everything. And I put it in everything.

Star anise has the same benefits, but it has the added benefit of being helpful in fighting viruses. It tastes delicious, kind of like licorice but earthier. 

Of course you could use these spices in many other recipes, or burn them as incense, but if you’re going to make yourself some coffee or tea, why not enchant it? Just pick your spice, focus your intention, add it to your warm cup of awesome, and enjoy!

These are not the only herbs and spices to choose from either. And if you don’t like to mess with your brew, you can just put your intention directly into your black coffee, or tea, or even your water. Another way to do this is to enchant your mugs and glasses! Add whatever sigils to your favorite coffee mug and turn it into your Lucky mug for real!

I took these drinks and stepped it up even more by offering them to my deities with a little snack. That way, they become fully spiritualized, or prasadam. 


Sláinte! (That means "to your health" in Irish Gaelic, and is like saying "Cheers!" There ya go, free Irish lesson 😄 🍀 )

No comments:

Post a Comment