Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy New Year! 2017

I know 2016 was kind of a bitch for most people, and for the world in general. For me personally, it was actually an awesome year. Don't get me wrong— it was difficult. There was a lot of hard-core shadow work and emotional processing and trauma release. That's never fun. The cosmos had it's way with me with all the super moons and Mercury in retrograde. I did feel like an emotional rag-doll at times. But overall, it was a year of growth and discovering personal power for me.

It was also a the year I finally got to Ireland, which has been a LIFELONG endeavor. I don't mean that it was just something I wanted to do my whole life. It was something I actively pursued, fought for, tried everything to make happen for over 10 consecutive years before I finally decided, I'll get there when it's time. Well, 2016 was the time. :)

I've never felt "at home" anywhere. I've felt comfortable in places. Boston was a special place for me, but I had never felt like I actually belonged in any particular place on Earth. That is, until I stepped off the plane in Cork and inhaled that first lung-full of Irish air, and burst into tears of joy! Ireland is home. When I stepped on The Burren for the first time, I fell in love. The Aran Islands greeted me with my spirit animals, Dusty the dolphin and seals. Lots of seals!

My husband and I have decided that Ireland is home, and we are moving there. It will take a little time, but we're on our way. 2016 gave us that insight.

I also decided to get serious again about my health, specifically my weight. I put on a lot of it in 2016. I discovered intermittent fasting, and found that I really like what it does for me. Incorporating that with going back to being conscious about what I eat and how much has already resulted in several dropped pounds, which is very encouraging.

My magickal practice got stronger. Raven really spoke to me. And toward the end, so did Roadrunner and Coyote.

I ended the year swimming with dolphins! Which opened up a potential opportunity for me that I don't want to write about here—not yet.

So what are my goals for 2017? The tarot reading I did told me that this year will be lots of hard work, sometimes slogging it out, but that it will be so worth it. So, for my personal business, that's what I'm doing! I'm also pursuing other opportunities that may bring me prosperity and joy.

I'm continuing on my fitness/weight-loss journey, and when I mess up, I just get right back on it. So, I'll have a whole new wardrobe to look forward to!

Visiting Ireland might be a possibility again this summer, depending. Even if only for a week. I have a Faerie Queen to go back and visit!

I hope anyone who reads this has a beautiful year ahead of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment