Saturday, August 13, 2016

Getting Back to my Roots: Tarot

I got my first tarot deck when I was 13.  It was the Dragon Tarot, still one of my most beloved decks.

Over the last several months, I've received guidance through lots of meditation to get back into serious study of Tarot. I've never given it up, but I was using oracle decks more and hadn't really pushed my abilities or gone deeper into tarot.

For my birthday, I bought myself the Mermaid Tarot deck, and fell in love with its whimsy. I also bought myself a copy of Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom, which is an incredible resource. My husband also got me a tarot deck for my birthday, the Haindl Tarot. This is a serious deck and I haven't let it leave my side since I got it. Not only does it have Radha and Krishna in it, but it also has Brigid, and other Nordic, Celtic, Hindu, and Native American deities and imagery.  Also, the High Priestess card has seals. Seals are my spirit animal and always signify to me that I'm on the right path.

I made a tarot journal specifically for my studies. Not sure where I got the idea to have a dedicated journal for tarot, but it's been nice to keep all my notes in one place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment